Saturday, December 1, 2012

Buddy

We had a special visitor arrive today from the North Pole! An Elf on the Shelf!
When the kids came downstairs after their bath this morning he was waiting on top of the fireplace. Benson was very excited, and Jaquelyn was a little cautious. We read the story that came with him, and Jaquelyn quickly got on board. They decided to name him Buddy. I imagine they will race tomorrow morning to see who can find him first.
Jaquelyn drew Santa some special pictures this afternoon and wondered if Buddy could take them with him tonight when he reports back to Santa. I thought that was a good idea so Jaquelyn rolled up the papers and I slid it into Buddy's arms carefully not to touch him and take away his magic. I have posted the pictures she drew for Santa as well as Buddy waiting to greet the kids, their reaction and buddy with Jaquelyn's drawings.
I think this is the start of a very fun new tradition!









No comments: