It has been one week since we brought baby Benson home from the hospital. It has gone better than we could have ever hoped. He is a wonderful baby, so calm & easy going (will that last? ha ha) and Jaquelyn has been the best big sister ever. She takes such good care of him, tries to help us with everything. If we make sure to involve her she is so very happy.
These pictures are from last Monday when Henri & my mom brought Jaquelyn up to the hospital to meet her baby brother.
It was love at first sight for her! She is so proud.

Here is my mom holding Benson for the 1st time...I just can't get the picture to come up normally. Sorry that it's sideways!

Our beautiful girl peeking in at her baby brother.

She loves her brother very much.

So cute!

Proud Daddy with his baby boy.

These next few pictures were taken on Tuesday at the hospital before we brought Benson home. Here is Jaquelyn getting some practice at holding her brother.

Being goofy!

So much love!

Jaquelyn thought she'd do Benson's hair for us!

A picture of Benson & I - Jaquelyn took it.

Later Tuesday, once we were home and settled Benson's auntie Gin & auntie Beth came over to meet him. Here he is with Auntie Beth.

Auntie Beth, Uncle Jordan and Auntie Gin with Benson.

Cuddles with Auntie Gin.

Uncle Paul brought Jaquelyn 2 new books as a gift...here they are reading one of them.

I love this picture of Gin & Benson!

Auntie Gin with her niece & nephew.

Tuesday night Grampa Randy finally got to come and meet Benson.

Benson having a cuddle with daddy on the couch on Wedneday.

Me & my beautiful babies.

We gave Benson a bath...Jaquelyn was all set to help out.

She actually didn't do too bad at helping, probably got a bit too much water on his face, but she did well.

Benson & I after his bath. I love the way his hair curls up when it's wet!

Jaquelyn helping daddy get Benson dressed after his bath.

Clean baby...so sweet.

Jaquelyn & Benson hanging out on the floor.

Uncle Mike & Auntie Jean came to meet Benson on Thursday night.

Jaquelyn loves to hold her brother.

Here is Lindsay with Benson.

Proud Uncle Mike (Michael Benson) with his great nephew.

Auntie Gin & Uncle Paul stopped by on Friday for a visit. We talked Uncle Paul into holding Benson - he was nervous because he is so small!

Me & my girl on Friday night.

Sarah came by on Saturday to meet Benson. She brought Jaquelyn a beautiful "big sister" card - so nice!

I love this picture. It's like they are both goofing around together!

On Saturday Jaquelyn went to her friend Emmy's 3rd birthday party. It was a princess theme, Jaquelyn dressed in her fanciest dress and was so excited to go. Henri took her to the party while Benson and I stayed home and got some much needed rest.

Here is Jaquelyn & I when she got home from the party. She had SO much fun!

Saturday night we had a quiet night and all watched a movie together. Here is Jaqui sitting in her chair eating her popcorn...she just seems so grown up now in everything that she does!

Baby Benson's little feet...6 days old.

6 days old...such a sweet baby.

6 days old. Sleeping Benson.

Jaquelyn & Benson snuggling in our bed on Sunday morning.

Jaqui being a goofy big sister.

Sunday night we went to our friends Doug & Kim's for dinner. It was all our friends from our old street. It was such a nice evening.
Here is Cayman holding Benson. He was sure proud. I love Jaquelyn's expression!

All our children...when we lived on the old street in Evergreen there was only Manhattan & Cayman & Jake (who was just born) when Henri & I moved away.
From the left, Ben, Manhattan, Jake, Jaquelyn, Cayman and Benson.

Monday Auntie Gin & Auntie Beth came for another visit.

Monday night Cody & Jerri & Tanner came over for a visit and watched the football game and had chinese food with us. It was fun!

And finally...Monday night, Jaquelyn, Benson & I having some cuddles on the couch before bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment