Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's a boy!!!

Benson Felix Henri Denis arrived on August 30th 2009 at 10:40pm. He weighed 8lbs 7.6oz and measured 20 inches long.

Everyone is settling in beautifully, Jaquelyn is a fantastic big sister and Benson is a wonderful baby. Benson was born by emergency c-section after 48 hours of labor. It was a long couple of days back and forth from the hospital, and in the end, because of the pain I had along the incision from my 1st c-section that just would not go away between contractions (which is the danger of a VBAC) and his heart rate going up we had to go with a c-section. We knew the potential risks going into the attempt at a VBAC, but I felt very strongly that I at least try to give birth to this baby this time around. I always said the instant something wasn't right, if the baby or I were in danger we would definitely go for the c-section. We were very lucky that we made the choice when we did. The doctor confirmed after the surgery that my uterus was incredibly close to rupturing. It was very thinned out along the incision and most likely would not have made it through a delivery had we kept trying. Henri & I are so thankful that everyone is healthy this time around and we are blessed with such a beautiful baby boy.
Here is Henri with Benson in the nursery just after he was born.
After he was all checked out in the nursery Henri brought him to me in the recovery room.
Me & my "big" little boy in the recovery room.

No comments: