Sunday, September 26, 2010

Benson's 1st Birthday Festivities

The weekend of Benson's 1st birthday was very busy. We had a party at my grandpa's in High River with that side of my family on the Saturday, then Sunday we had my mom's side of my family and loads of friends to our house to celebrate. Monday during the day the kids & I had a pretty quiet day before having a nice birthday supper at home then headed to my mom's for some more birthday cake.
I made over 200 mini cupcakes to split between the birthday parties...they were SO good.

I made Benson his own little cake for both his parties, each of them looked like this. He LOVED them.
Little Levi just hung out while we all ate cake.

Neighbor Nora had LOTS of fun.

Look at his beautiful little face. My sweet, sweet birthday boy.
My two cuties waiting for cake.
Jaquelyn helped him blow out his candles!

He really enjoyed his cake. But I have no idea why this is sideways.

He made such a mess that I just bathed him in the sink when he was done.

Cuddles with his great Grandpa Jack before opening gifts.
Jaquelyn & Riley riding on Benson's new dump trunk. Can you believe how big they look here?

Birthday cake at our house on Sunday...he's totally in a trance by the candle.

Taking a break to have a drink, he was thirsty from all that cake!

Hi Jaquelyn!

Opening presents...he loves this little car. He got so many gifts, he's such a lucky little boy.
Riding on his new train...so much fun!
Playing with his new stuff before bed.

We had supper at home on Benson's actual birthday before heading over to Gramma's to have some cake that I had made us. The kids were being so goofy at supper.
Here is Jaquelyn with her milk mustache.

Little Miss Attitude.

Big smile.

Birthday boy! He's just always SO happy.

The cake that I made for Benson.

Benson started off waiting very patiently for his cake.

He lost his patience...give me my cake now!!

Happy birthday baby boy.
Benson enjoying his birthday cake. I think this little guy had a pretty fantastic 1st birthday. I know we all had a lot of fun celebrating too.

No comments: